Some days, when you're been struggling with the everyday a touch, if you're lucky a bird like Bob flies into your life.
This is just the best read I've had for a while, mainly because it's great, and just when I needed a bit of a spirit-lifter, one of those simple but beautiful true life stories that puts the crappy old world back into perspective and don't come any where often enough.
Tony Putman, an English guy (married, coy about his age, but I reckon he'd be about 40 now), is something of a loner, a self-employed Kent gardener, a God-given self-taught naturalist, and an all-round nice bloke.
Most of this easy-read narrative is of his interactions with wild creatures, mostly robins and mostly on a large property in Edenbridge (been there, lovely old town, great area) that he contract maintains, and spanning about 6-8 seasons during and either side of the Covid epidemic, and who, being a sole worker in the outdoors, wasn't affected much by the UK lockdowns.
I won't rabbit on too much, except to suggest that, if you have a heart and a soul that's working well, you get a copy, it's one of the best things you'll do this year. And if you don't want to take that at face value, have a look at his hugely-followed social media spots (FB below, but also on Instagram) that sort of happened to him by accident. Along with his discovery of photography. I just love this book, actually given to Jess by Smudge, a grand-daughter who knows her Grandma well.
Cheers cheers cheers......
Trev
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>