Monday 29 July 2024

Currently exploring with....

"RAMBLING MAN" - Billy Connolly (2023 USA)

        I'm a Billy Connolly fan, of his standup comedy, and especially of his hugely diverse travels on TV, which is what this book is all about. Rambling. And the odd thing is, there's so much of what he says I can relate to, the loner thing, the explorer thing, the rambler thing. Not that I'm a bit manic as Bill is. Or funny. Or adventurous. (I sure don't see myself ever bungee-jumping in the nude. Or at all.) But I do so love to ramble and explore. Find out new things.

        I'm not all that far in yet, but one early bit caught my eye, talking about how he's not a fan of being cooped up for long distances, so not a fan of flying or sailing. Here's what he says...

        "I'd rather build a boat than sail in one. That might not make sense to everybody, but it's another element of being a Rambling Man, because a Rambling Man loves creating things, whether it's carrying a banjo around and playing music, taking apart your motorcycle and putting it back together again, learning how to build something from nothing, or painting a beautiful picture, the process of creating something is what he loves best...."

        Amen to that, mate.

        I have this theory that it behooves the human race to ask questions. It's part of God's design. God wants us to read more, to ramble more, to listen more, and learn from the experience, improve the species. And Godknows we so desperately need to. So you could do worse than read this book, as Billy has the Curiosity Gene big time. And he writes what he finds in such a laid back manner. Find a copy!

        Cheers....

                T.R.E.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>