Monday 10 June 2024

Ahhh - technology!

         I know that at least half of you out there have probably long since conquered Voice-To-Text, but I've wrestled with that mystery off and on for a couple of years and gotten totally nowhere. Until today.

        For years I've thought how great it would be to just read your manuscripts into a mike and have MS Word type it up perfectly. Assuming you can read your own writing. Which at times I can't because I get on a roll and it all goes down so fast. But I've just this moment cracked it. Hallelujah.

        About 18 months back I had to update my PC, so lashed out and bought the MS Office 2019 package, and I always sensed that somewhere in its bowels was this bit of magic. And this afternoon I finally asked Google the right bloody question and geez it's so simple - plug in the mike, put up Word, hold down the Windows key and hit H and start talking. OMG blown away! Couldn't believe my eyes. It knew exactly what I was saying - a surprise in itself - AND it knows how to spell. I'm in literary nirvana.

        Have already practised on a couple of pages of old travel notes that I want to print before the memories fade too much. AND I've cracked the punctuation-as-you-go thingo as well. Life don't get much better than that.

        Cheers...

                T.R.E.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>